New APP Poll: Swing State Voters Strongly Oppose Transgender Agenda
WASHINGTON — Today, American Principles Project (APP) released results from a poll of voters in six Senate battleground states on a number of hot-button issues, including women’s sports, sex changes for children, and parental rights bills like the one recently passed in Florida.
The survey, conducted by OnMessage Inc., polled 1,200 likely voters in Arizona, Georgia, Nevada, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin. Some key results include the following:
- Women’s Sports: 56 percent supported (33 percent opposed) laws to protect women’s sports at the K-12 and collegiate levels.
- Sex Changes for Minors: 56 percent supported (31 percent opposed) laws banning puberty blockers, cross-sex hormones, and physical sex change surgeries for children.
- Sexual Topics in Schools: 60 percent supported (34 percent opposed) laws banning instruction on sexual orientation and gender identity from kindergarten through third grade.
- Parental Notification: 59 percent supported (30 percent opposed) laws requiring schools to notify parents if their child identifies in class as transgender.
- Age Verification for Porn: 77 percent supported (15 percent opposed) laws requiring age verification for accessing online pornography.
- Reining in Big Tech: 50 percent supported (36 percent opposed) laws preventing censorship of political speech by Big Tech.
APP President Terry Schilling also released the following statement commenting on the results:
“There should be no doubt about it now: cultural issues are a big winner for Republicans.
“The results were consistent across the board. Strong majorities of voters support defending women’s sports, protecting kids from being pushed into sex changes, removing age-inappropriate sexual lessons from schools, and cracking down on Big Tech censorship. While the left-wing media may attack these positions as ‘bigoted,’ the truth is that these are commonsense views held by most Americans, even in highly competitive battleground states.
“Republicans have a massive opportunity on each of these issues to go on offense and expose the radical extremism of Democrats. We would strongly encourage them to do so — starting by joining the more than 100 candidates nationwide who have signed APP’s Big Family Pledge. Given the stakes of this year’s midterms, the GOP cannot afford to let this advantage go unclaimed.”
To schedule an engagement with American Principles Project, contact Paul Dupont at (o) 202-503-2010 or firstname.lastname@example.org.