Join the fight for the family
Are you interested in joining the fight for the family? A career at American Principles Project might be for you. Please see our list of job openings below:
The office manager is primarily responsible for working with Operations to support the financial and operational duties for APP along with handling the administrative duties of the front office – with a focus on accounts payable and managing reimbursement and invoicing. The person filling this position should possess superb organizational skills and strong attention to detail. This person will need to be people oriented.
- Handle administrative activities for the office including answering and directing calls to employees, checking voicemails, etc.
- Serve as point person for all maintenance, mailing, shipping, equipment needs
- Manage and maintain office supplies, monitoring and ordering necessary items to ensure a fully stocked office
- Work with Operations and Development departments to process incoming donations and ensure accurate reporting of donations received
- Build and maintain relationships with all vendors
- Code, submit, record, archive, and maintain all invoice and check files
- Accounts payable: process/code incoming invoices, review expense reports for accuracy and coordinate with bookkeeper for entry into QuickBooks and cut all checks
- Obtain signatures on checks and mail as required
- Reconcile credit card receipts (classifying and obtaining receipts for each expense)
- Run financial reports
- Assist with donation processing as needed
- Coordinate with bookkeeper to prepare 1099 and W-2 tax forms each year
- Assist executive director and other staff as needed
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Associate degree or higher
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- The ability to work as a member of a team and follow instructions and procedures
- Effective time management skills; detail-oriented and well-organized
- Proficient in Microsoft applications
- Experience in QuickBooks is desired but not a requirement
- Ability to learn new skills in short order
This position will not require travel.
APP offers a benefit portfolio including health, dental, and vision insurance, 401K plan (no matching at this time), Flexible Spending Account, Flexible Spending Account Dependent Care Allowance, free onsite parking, paid holidays, and paid time off.
APP is on track for tremendous growth in the coming years as we expand our programs and impact. The person who fills this position should model our core values of being sacrificial, ambitious, and scrappy. Our employees are experts in their fields, hard workers, and are incredibly dedicated to protecting the family. We are team oriented, helping one another succeed in our shared mission.
This position is headquartered in our Arlington, VA office. This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, etc.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
For questions or to apply, please email email@example.com.