Watch: “Techlash After COVID-19” Webinar
June 4, 2020
Yesterday, the American Principles Project and the Lincoln Network co-hosted a virtual discussion spotlighting the debate over how lawmakers should approach policy questions relating to Big Tech, especially in light of the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.
The hour-long discussion covered a wide range of issues, including:
- What is censorship, and are Big Tech companies engaged in it?
- Are Big Tech companies monopolies?
- Should Section 230 be reformed to protect free speech on Big Tech platforms?
- How can policymakers promote free speech online while also stemming the tide of obscenity and other objectionable material?
You can watch the full video below:
The discussion was moderated by Marshall Kosloff of the Lincoln Network and featured a panel of four tech policy experts:
- Alec Stapp, Director of Technology Policy, Progressive Policy Institute
- Matthew Feeney, Director, Cato Institute’s Project on Emerging Technologies
- Rachel Bovard, Senior Advisor, Internet Accountability Project
- Terry Schilling, Executive Director, American Principles Project