APP Urges House to Defund Wokeness in US Military
WASHINGTON — Later today, the US House of Representatives is expected to vote on a number of amendments to the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA).
American Principles Project (APP) is urging members to support 14 of those amendments which would defund radical left-wing programs in the military. In particular, the amendments would:
- Prohibit taxpayer funding for sex-change procedures
- Prohibit funding for DEI programs in the military
- Prohibit the Department of Defense for paying for abortions
- Protect military members from retaliation based on COVID-19 vaccine status
- Prohibit DoD schools from having pornographic or gender-ideology books in their libraries
- Prohibit racial quotas or racial discrimination in admissions at military service academies
APP President Terry Schilling released the following statement on the importance of the amendments:
“Debates over our military should revolve around one thing only: ensuring that it is the most effective and lethal fighting force possible. Sadly, over the last couple decades, the left has turned our armed services into a giant social experiment, bringing the culture war onto our military bases and imposing their obsessions with race and gender onto every aspect of military service. No wonder almost every branch is facing a recruitment crisis.
“Thankfully, Congress has an opportunity now to end the left’s culture war on the military. This should be a no-brainer: the American people don’t want their tax dollars going towards funding abortions, sex changes, or racial discrimination. It’s time to eliminate these radical programs once and for all. We urge every member of the House to vote yes on these amendments.”
To schedule an engagement with American Principles Project, contact Paul Dupont at (o) 202-503-2010 or email@example.com.