Protect Children’s Innocence Act
The Biden Administration has fully embraced the idea that one can reject one’s own biological sex; that doing so is critical health care that should be funded by the taxpayer; and that there is a compelling state interest in pushing puberty blockers, cross-sex hormones, and even sex change surgeries on children. All of this is egregiously wrong.
Biden’s Assistant Secretary of Health, Rachel Levine, has used the power of the Department of Health and Human Services to push puberty blockers for “pre-pubertal” kids; cross-sex hormones for 14-year-olds; and physical sex-change surgeries, like mastectomies, phalloplasties, and vaginoplasties, for slightly older teenagers. It was recently reported that Children’s National Hospital in Washington, D.C., has been performing these surgeries on kids as young as 16. Legislation is needed not only to prevent taxpayers from paying for this so-called “gender-affirming care,” but also to prevent kids from being subjected to it at all.
When children suffer from gender dysphoria, the Left insists on pushing an “affirmation only” approach, preventing anyone – parents, teachers, doctors, therapists, etc. – from doing their job and providing the child with the best standard of care. Instead of taking the time to understand the problem and identify underlying issues and other contributing mental health conditions, these ideologues masquerading as healthcare professionals push puberty-blocking drugs and cross-sex hormones, treatments that will effectively sterilize children, and “gender-affirming surgery,” which is really just a euphemism for cosmetic mutilation. Parents are told that if they offer any resistance, even simply waiting a few months to see if things improve, they are condemning their child to death – that crippling depression and even suicide will be inevitable.
This is not healthcare and must not be treated as such. The average American citizen should not be obliged to foot the bill for these unscientific, experimental, and abusive treatments on anyone – but especially not on children who cannot even attend an R-rated movie, let alone consent to a permanently scarring and irreversible decision which will determine their entire future, including whether they can have kids.
The Protect Children’s Innocence Act will charge anyone who knowingly performs “gender-affirming care” – including the administering of puberty blockers and cross-sex hormones – with a class C felony. It will prohibit the federal taxpayer funding of these procedures, forbid institutions of higher education from providing instructions on such procedures, and prevent aliens who have performed such procedures from receiving a visa. If they already have a visa, they will be eligible for deportation. It is designed to protect children from abusive experimental procedures from every angle.
American Principles Project is proud to endorse the Protect Children’s Innocence Act. We believe this legislation is essential to protecting our children from profit-seeking propagandists and ensuring their long-term health and happiness.
We need the Protect Children’s Innocence Act to safeguard kids from harm.
- Parents are being blatantly lied to as they do their best to help their distressed children.
- Parents are being told that “gender-affirming care” is the only way to save their child from suicide. It’s a lie, and a damnable one at that.
- President Joe Biden used this false and emotionally exploitative suicide rhetoric when signing his Executive Order “advancing LGBTQI+ equality.”
- According to the recent Heritage report, “Puberty Blockers, Cross-Sex Hormones, & Youth Suicide” by Dr. Jay Greene, stats show that the exact opposite may be the case. Greene writes, ”Starting in 2010, when puberty blockers and cross-sex hormones became widely available, elevated suicide rates in states where minors can more easily access those medical interventions became observable.”
- This isn’t a premature bill addressing worst-case what-ifs of the future – abuses of federal funding for such treatments have already begun.
- In Vermont, a convicted murderer, Robin Baughman, is set to receive “gender-affirming” surgery at taxpayers’ expense. Baughman, who identifies as a transgender woman, was born a male, is being held in a women’s prison, and now will continue to burden society with experimental, cosmetic medical expenses.
- Healthcare institutions are going to put their profits over their patients.
- Recently, Boston Children’s Hospital received intense backlash from promoting gender affirming hysterectomies for young girls.
Joe Biden isn’t concerned about healthcare – this is about enforcing an ideology.
President Joe Biden has made it clear from the moment he took office that he would support and promote the transgender agenda. His record with inflation has already proved he has no compassion for every American citizen’s pocketbook, so now he’s attempting to continue that record spending in the medical realm targeting our children. He has been incredibly vocal on that front, attempting to ban “conversion therapy” and attempting to expand access to “gender-affirming” treatment.
Under the guise of “safeguarding health care, and programs designed to prevent youth suicide,” Biden has attempted to reconfigure federal healthcare spending in a singular way that will harm our children, not save them. It is not his right to make these dangerous procedures not only more easily accessible for minors but also do so at the expense of the public, without scientific backing, and against the consciences of parents and doctors alike.
This is not about children’s health; it’s about pushing a progressive agenda and making money off the mental distress of minors. The Protect Children’s Innocence Act would stop these abuses in their tracks. We urge all members of Congress to cosponsor this legislation, and we urge leadership to call it for a vote next year.